I just got back from my lovely Japan tour. For me it was so much more than just a tour. Going to Tokyo was the reason why I started the Katie goes to… project. And Tokyo was fantastic! I only wish I could have stayed longer. I did 5 gigs and a couple of interviews during my short stay. Here are a couple of pics.
1. Gig at the Swedish Embassy 2. Interview with Aiko at Hyggelig News after my gig at Strobe Café.
1. So many nice people came to the Strobe Café gig! I was so happy to meet my first Japanese fan Mamoru -who has been my biggest supporter in Japan for many years.
2. I met two very nice fellows at Sweden Day.
1. Me and a talented Japanese artist who played at Strobe Cafe.
2. This is taken after my 3rd gig at the Swedish Embassy. There is something about this picture…. I love it.
1. Me and Nagame (Swedish Embassy) at my last gig in Tokyo, Amaranth Lounge.
2. Japanese artist Tokyo Common sense recorded a fantastic cove of my song “Sitting at home”.
The Amatanth Lounge was a really beautiful place. Here I am with one of the owners.
I am having the time of my life in South Korea, making PR for my album “My Naked Heart” and my upcoming EP “The Acoustic EP”. It’s fantastic! I love everything about this tour. Big thanks to Some Music and Ruby Records!
This is me after my gig at the Veranda, in Seoul, Hongdae area.
There were a lot of people at the Veranda.
This is me and Doeky at Naksun park, Seoul, recording 2 songs for Off the Record.
Last Saturday I performed at the Korean national Tv show KBS “All that music”. The show will be aired later this summer. I had a blast!
This is me and the lovely fellows in Korean band Mushrum:s playing at Tungstone Hall, Seoul. Mushru:ms also played with me on “All that music”.
I took some new pictures with my friend Jonas Pettersson last summer. Here’s one of them. I like it! Love wearing a tie.
My Naked Heart is being released in Korea! Thanks to Some Music, RubySalon Records, Daum Music, Sunday Disco and and their partners for their support! For you who live in Korea, my Korean web-site address is http://kgtt.somemusic.co.kr and there is an KGTT-app available at iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/kr/
Here is the 12th and final music video from Katie goes to Tokyo’s album My Naked Heart!
Here’s the 10th video from Katie goes to Tokyo’s album “My naked heart”. The video was shot in Toronto in March 2011.
This is the 9th video from Katie’s album My Naked Heart. The video was shot at the University of Umeå, Sweden. Directed and filmed by Maria Stenlund. Starring Katie and her sister Isabelle. Enjoy!
Yes! It’s finally time for the world premiere of A Long Way From Anywhere, starring the amazing Stockholm Roller Derby chicks! A Long Way From Anywhere is the 8th incredible music video from Katie goes to Tokyo’s album “My Naked Heart”. The video was shoot in Tierp, Sweden, in February 2011. Starring Stockholm Roller Derby, Kathrine Bergström, Jessica Ekman, Josefine Ekman and Amanda Tunved.
Photo and editing: Karolin Barhammar
Choreography: Nina Åkerlund
Grading: Hugo Öringe
Production leader: Evanna Högberg
Many thanks to Stockholm Roller Derby, Jessica Ekman, Josefine Ekman, Amanda Tunved, Tor, Erik Hassel, Mats and Rolf Glantz!