In mid August Katie released her new EP – The Acoustic EP. This EP gives you acoustic versions of Katie’s favorite songs from her previously released albums.
The Acoustic EP was recorded at Keen Music in Toronto, Canada, in spring 2013 together with Marten Tromm and guitarist Justin Abedin. Also playing on this heartbreaking masterpiece is Mats Valentin.
Available now on iTunes, Amazon, CDBaby, cdon.com. So go get it!
I just got back from my lovely Japan tour. For me it was so much more than just a tour. Going to Tokyo was the reason why I started the Katie goes to… project. And Tokyo was fantastic! I only wish I could have stayed longer. I did 5 gigs and a couple of interviews during my short stay. Here are a couple of pics.
1. Gig at the Swedish Embassy 2. Interview with Aiko at Hyggelig News after my gig at Strobe Café.
1. So many nice people came to the Strobe Café gig! I was so happy to meet my first Japanese fan Mamoru -who has been my biggest supporter in Japan for many years.
2. I met two very nice fellows at Sweden Day.
1. Me and a talented Japanese artist who played at Strobe Cafe.
2. This is taken after my 3rd gig at the Swedish Embassy. There is something about this picture…. I love it.
1. Me and Nagame (Swedish Embassy) at my last gig in Tokyo, Amaranth Lounge.
2. Japanese artist Tokyo Common sense recorded a fantastic cove of my song “Sitting at home”.
The Amatanth Lounge was a really beautiful place. Here I am with one of the owners.
I am having the time of my life in South Korea, making PR for my album “My Naked Heart” and my upcoming EP “The Acoustic EP”. It’s fantastic! I love everything about this tour. Big thanks to Some Music and Ruby Records!
This is me after my gig at the Veranda, in Seoul, Hongdae area.
There were a lot of people at the Veranda.
This is me and Doeky at Naksun park, Seoul, recording 2 songs for Off the Record.
Last Saturday I performed at the Korean national Tv show KBS “All that music”. The show will be aired later this summer. I had a blast!
This is me and the lovely fellows in Korean band Mushrum:s playing at Tungstone Hall, Seoul. Mushru:ms also played with me on “All that music”.
I took some new pictures with my friend Jonas Pettersson last summer. Here’s one of them. I like it! Love wearing a tie.
My Naked Heart is being released in Korea! Thanks to Some Music, RubySalon Records, Daum Music, Sunday Disco and and their partners for their support! For you who live in Korea, my Korean web-site address is http://kgtt.somemusic.co.kr and there is an KGTT-app available at iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/kr/
Here is the 12th and final music video from Katie goes to Tokyo’s album My Naked Heart!
In March 2011 Katie and her band went to Toronto to play at the Canadian Music Week. This is Katie goes to Tokyo’s Toronto journal part 2. Katie explains why she hasn’t toured so much on her latest album My Naked Heart and we get to see glimpse of her gigs at Mitzi’s Sister and Bread and Circus.
Take a look at the Katie goes to Tokyo Toronto Journal (part 1 of 5). In March 2011 Katie goes to Tokyo went to Toronto to play at the Canadian Music Week. Here’s what happened…